by Frank Creber
The works are informed by many topographical cityscape drawings made on location in East London; figure drawings made from observation and memory feed into the narrative process that is part of an unfolding personal visual chronicle, about the new emerging East London, both physical and social.
As an artist with thirty years experience of working with community groups in East London, I am committed to making works that explore a deeply urban affair between a new world created in the pursuit of progress and modernity and the community that it is setting out to serve. The Thames and Waterways of London have been at the heart of Community Life, have driven the economy in the area for hundreds of years and today are emblematic of what it means to be a Londoner.
A key to the relationship that I have to the East End and its community lies in my role as Creative Director at the celebrated Bromley by Bow Centre, as one of the founding artists arriving in 1985 I have spent the last thirty years developing Community Arts programmes, and making my own paintings that focus on local community life.
I have had numerous solo shows including at Art Space Gallery 2002-8. ExCeL London 2014, Lloyds Register 2014.
I trained at University of Newcastle upon Tyne (B.A in Painting 1981) and Chelsea College of Art (M.A. in Painting 1987) I have collected a number of awards: Herbert Read Fellow-ship at Chelsea, Barclays Bank Young Painters Award and the Picker Fellowship at Kingston.
|Size||82 x 97 cm|
|Medium||Oil on canvas|
Delivery Note: Delivery arrangements will arranged between the customer and artist separately. The artist will be in touch with the customer within 1 -2 working days to arrange delivery.
We usually dispatch the following day, if the item is indicated as IN STOCK, you can expect your product to be delivered within 48-72 hours (for UK deliveries).
*Delivery is FREE for all orders over £49, orders below £49 will incur a Small Items Shipping Charge of £5.50 which will be applied at the checkout.
Please Note: Industville dispatch orders on working days (Monday to Friday) only.
Any order placed after 12pm/noon on Friday may not be dispatched until the following Monday for delivery on Tuesday. Any orders placed after this time including those with any express delivery options will not be processed until the following Monday; this includes all Same Day, Saturday and Next Day Delivery Options.
If you have any questions regarding this please contact the office on 020 7971 7871 or email firstname.lastname@example.org
- FREE - orders over £49 - estimated delivery 48-72 hours
- £5.50 - orders under £49 - estimated delivery 48-72 hours
- £30 - Same Day London delivery - (Central London Only) available Monday - Friday, please contact us with your preferred delivery slot, for orders before 3pm
- £1.50 per mile - Same Day UK delivery - please contact us for a quote
- £15 - Next Day delivery within UK (guaranteed for orders placed before noon, 12pm GMT)
- £15 - Saturday delivery within UK
- £15 - Scheduled morning / afternoon delivery - please contact us with your preferred delivery slot
- INTERNATIONAL SHIPPING - Please fill in your address at the checkout to get an instant shipping quote for your international address or contact us to get the quote
For more information please contact us:
- Telephone: 020 7971 7871
- Email: email@example.com
- Industville Ltd
1 Swan Road,
Westminster Industrial Estate
- Please contact us for wholesale and trade lighting enquiries - firstname.lastname@example.org