by Marianne Simonin
Primarily a painter, I work with oils to obtain a contrast of textures and layers. My inspiration comes from being mostly attuned to natural surroundings, be it the sea or wide-open spaces. By connecting with the primordial elements of water, earth, fire, air or space, my compositions move beyond landscape reproductions and seek to express emotions or states of mind. For example the ‘poppies’ series was a way to render the act of walking in nature, the awareness of one’s inner world as one moves step by step along a path.
I frequently travel alone to remote areas of India or other countries to find inspiration, and spend many days in silence, observing, while moving from place to place. The titles that I use are part of the creative process, and in many occasions they initiate the work. Photography plays also an important role in my artistic expression, which can become a final statement, or used during my travels as a way to capture inspiring shapes and forms, as well as colour schemes for future projects.
Recent exhibitions have included: Thoughts become Art, Baumhaus Berlin, Germany (2017) These Studios Cities, #1: Origins & Motifs, SE18 - curated by A. M. Hanson (2017) Siger Gallery, Yami-ichi (Black Market), Tate Modern, SE1 (2016)
Private collections: UK & Ireland, France, Spain, Germany, Canada and Italy.
|Title||I'm Walking, part of the Earth series|
|Size||60.5 (H) x 91 (W) cm|
|Medium||Oil on canvas and red cotton calico|
Delivery Note: Delivery arrangements will arranged between the customer and artist separately. The artist will be in touch with the customer within 1 -2 working days to arrange delivery.
We usually dispatch the following day, if the item is indicated as IN STOCK, you can expect your product to be delivered within 48-72 hours (for UK deliveries).
*Delivery is FREE for all orders over £49, orders below £49 will incur a Small Items Shipping Charge of £5.50 which will be applied at the checkout.
Please Note: Industville dispatch orders on working days (Monday to Friday) only.
Any order placed after 12pm/noon on Friday may not be dispatched until the following Monday for delivery on Tuesday. Any orders placed after this time including those with any express delivery options will not be processed until the following Monday; this includes all Same Day, Saturday and Next Day Delivery Options.
If you have any questions regarding this please contact the office on 020 7971 7871 or email email@example.com
- FREE - orders over £49 - estimated delivery 48-72 hours
- £5.50 - orders under £49 - estimated delivery 48-72 hours
- £30 - Same Day London delivery - (Central London Only) available Monday - Friday, please contact us with your preferred delivery slot, for orders before 3pm
- £1.50 per mile - Same Day UK delivery - please contact us for a quote
- £15 - Next Day delivery within UK (guaranteed for orders placed before noon, 12pm GMT)
- £15 - Saturday delivery within UK
- £15 - Scheduled morning / afternoon delivery - please contact us with your preferred delivery slot
- INTERNATIONAL SHIPPING - Please fill in your address at the checkout to get an instant shipping quote for your international address or contact us to get the quote
For more information please contact us:
- Telephone: 020 7971 7871
- Email: firstname.lastname@example.org
- Industville Ltd
1 Swan Road,
Westminster Industrial Estate
- Please contact us for wholesale and trade lighting enquiries - email@example.com